Set in beautiful countryside around Whitworth, The Water Ski Academy boasts some of the best facilities for water skiing and boarding. We can arrange bespoke coaching courses and offer residential accommodation.
We don’t only offer training in all aspects of skiing and boarding, we also train the trainers. We offer courses to “wannabe” Coaches and Drivers. Also offering Sport Specific First Aid Training and Child Protection Courses we are a learning resource for Coaches and Officials.
Over the winter months we will be running training seminars for Judges and Officials in all divisions of the sport so that we can have more inter-club competitions across the Northern Regions in the future.
- At The Water Ski Academy we cater for everyone – whether you’ve been doing it for years or are a total beginner. We give concessionary rates to Under 18′ Over 60’s, full time students and registered disabled. We have everything for you to enjoy this thrilling and challenging sport.
- The Centre is run by qualified instructors & drivers and is open 7 days a week from April 1 to October 31. (Week-ends through the off season).
- You don’t have to be a member – non members are always welcome!
- We have a Victorian stone-built clubhouse with lounge/eating area.
- Spacious changing rooms with showers and toilets for the disabled.
- Kitchen facilities for hot and cold snacks, barbecues and picnic areas and excellent selection of pubs and B&B’s just seconds away.
- Well maintained Malibu Tournament Boats.
- Full range of equipment, skis, boards, wetsuits, helmets and impact jackets.
- Organised group bookings for schools, colleges & universities, disabled and special needs groups, corporate days etc.
- Water toys including ringo rides.
- Walking and biking in the tranquil Whitworth Valley.
- For more information don’t hesitate to contact us on: 01706 852151.